Privacy and Cookie Notice for Platts
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (“PII”) DOES PLATTS COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Contact information that you provide to us, such as your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address.
- Contact information obtained via other companies’ marketing lists.
WHY DOES PLATTS COLLECT PII?
- To process your transactions, maintain your account, ensure your adherence to our Terms and Conditions, and respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with information about services and products that we believe may be of interest to you offered by Platts and other parts of our parent company, McGraw Hill Financial.
HOW DOES PLATTS SHARE YOUR PII?
- With our vendors to perform services on our behalf.
- With other parts of McGraw Hill Financial whose services and products might be of interest to you.
- Potentially in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business.
- When legally compelled or for other legal purposes.
In connection with these legitimate business purposes, your PII may potentially be shared outside of the country where it was collected, anywhere in the world.
IF YOU WANT TO LIMIT USE OR SHARING OF YOUR PII FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
Submit the form below or e-mail us at: email@example.com with the following instructions:
I do not want to be contacted by Platts via these methods for marketing purposes:
We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. Your PII is stored in a secure location in the U.S. and access is limited to authorized persons.
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) LOGS
When you visit our site, our servers automatically log and record your IP (Internet Protocol) address. We use log data to monitor the use of our sites and services. We do not associate your IP address with any PII to identify you personally, except in cases of violation of the Terms and Conditions.
Please note that by using this site, you consent to the use of the cookies described below.
“Strictly necessary” cookies, which have to be set to allow us to deliver the site to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. The services offered by this site that require cookies to function include:
- account log-in
- shopping basket/online store
- comments/blog features
“Performance” or “Analytics” cookies, which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site, and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser, but cannot be used to identify you personally.
“Functionality” cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalized experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other Web sites.
You can change your web browser’s Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions from your specific browser, or follow the links below:
If you are visiting this site using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, please refer to the manufacturer’s instructions on how to manage cookies.
Platts’ mobile apps obtain the information you provide when you download them. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, user name, and password. In addition, the app may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the device's unique ID and IP address, your mobile operating system, the type of browsers you use, and information about the location of your mobile device. You can stop all collection of information by the app by uninstalling it.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
To review and confirm the accuracy of your PII, or to contact us with concerns or questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
1111 Bagby #2200
Houston, TX 77002.
Last updated: July 2014. Future revisions to this Privacy and Cookie Notice will be posted at this location.